GLYNN COUNTY, Ga. - Southern Georgia residents looking for bus driver jobs are in luck.
Glynn County Transportation Director Dr. Marty Simmons is looking to hire more school bus drivers. The county currently employs 113 drivers, but would like to have 122 this school year.
If you're interested in the position, applicants are asked meet the following standards:
- Be at least 18-years-old for the state requirements, but 21-years-old for Glynn County requirements.
- Provide proof of passing a physical within the last 60 days prior to getting hired as a bus driver.
- Have a passenger endorsement and a school bus endorsement on an individual's Georgia CDL. In order to receiver a school bus endorsement, applicants must pass a knowledge test and a school bus driving skill set.
Additionally, applicants generally need to:
- Pass a background check.
- Have a clean driving record.
- Pass a school bus knowledge exam.
- Pass the driving test in a school bus.
- Meet any additional requirements for Glynn County.
For more information about the Glynn County Transportation vacancies, contact Simmons at firstname.lastname@example.org.