At least one person has been hospitalized after a house fire broke out in Northwest Jacksonville Thursday night.
The Jacksonville Fire and Rescue Department (JFRD) responded to the scene around 8:18 p.m. at the 9100 block of 2nd Ave.
Crews told First Coast News that the fire started inside the bathroom from a burning candle. They said the home didn't have power at the time.
During the fire, one man received second-to-third degree burns to the leg and transported to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
The fire started inside the bathroom of the home from a candle. Authorities say there was no power in the home. @FCN2go— Phillip Emmanuel (@TheNewsGuyy) September 22, 2017
Officials say one man was transported to the hospital with NLTI.— Phillip Emmanuel (@TheNewsGuyy) September 22, 2017
Those injuries are 2nd/3rd degree burns to the leg. @FCN2go
Crews are still on the scene as of 9 p.m.
Stay with First Coast News as this story develops.
© 2017 WTLV-TV