On Your Side team helps street trash and ATM troubles

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- The On Your Side team is helping you get answers to issues and problems. Here are a couple people we were able to help Thursday.

Trash Troubles

"There is trash all up [and] down the street," says Teresa, describing her street in North Jacksonville.

"[T]he trash has been spilled over so long it has weeds growing over it [,] then across from that is some sort of desk [,] TV [,] computer that someone tossed out [.]"

Teresa said she has contacted the city about the mess.

FCN suggest she:

  1. Go to the city website and create an issue with the city.
  2. Call the city's office of Municipal Code Enforcement at (904) 255-7000.
  3. Call the city's solid waste Division at (904) 255-7500. They are located at 1031 Superior Street in Jacksonville, Fla.
  4. You may want to contact the city's Household Hazardous waste facility at (904) 387-8847.
  5. You might also want to call the Trail Ridge Landfill at (904) 255-7355.
  6. Here is a list of Residential Waste Haulers and their addressed and numbers (information provided by the City of Jacksonville):

Solid Waste Division Collection & Sanitary Services Activity
1031 Superior St. Jacksonville, FL 32254
(904) 630-CITY

Advanced Disposal Services (ADS)
9798 Normandy Blvd., Jacksonville, FL 32256
(904) 737-7900

Southland Waste Systems of Jacksonville (SWS)
218 Morgan Ave. Jacksonville, FL 32254
(904) 384-2567

Waste Pro of Florida (WP):
2940 Strickland St. Jacksonville, FL 32243
(904) 731-7288

Ambiguous ATM

Avanti told FCN she recently went to an ATM on Lennox Avenue in Jacksonville. She said she went to withdraw $400 from the machine, but had a problem.

"The ATM machine sucked it back inside," she said. "I've done every procedure in trying to receive my money and still no results."

FCN gathered the following tips and information from the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation.

  1. Immediately contact your bank and report the problem.
  2. If the ATM belongs to another agency or bank, it would be wise to contact them, too.
  3. When you talk to someone, keep a record of your conversation.
  4. Consider following up in writing.
  5. According to the FDIC website listed above, the next step would be for the ATM's owner to determine if the machine has too much or too little cash and why.

You should be able to file a claim with whomever owns the ATM as well as your bank. You may want to call the FDIC at 1-877-ASK-FDIC (1-877-275-3342). You may also consider contacting the State's Attorney's Office via the names and numbers on the State Attorneys Office for the Fourth Judicial Court.


To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment
More Stories