On Your Side: Getting access to military records

STARKE, Fla. -- The On Your Side team got a request from Joanna of Starke.

She said her husband's father was awarded bronze stars while serving in Korea during the 1950s. She was wondering what his father did to be awarded those bronze stars. She asked FCN for help finding solutions to questions about his service to the nation.

FCN suggested:

1) Contacting the United States National Archives Veterans Service records request.

You can mail your requests to: National Personnel Records Center, Military Personnel Records, 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO 63138

2) Here are other ways you can get military service records, according to the National Archives:


3) Consider these resources and links from the National Resource Directory:


4) This is a link to request records from the Florida Department of Veterans Affairs


5) Here is information from the Florida Department of State's Division of Library and Information Services


6) Here is a link to information from the Bradford County Government's Veterans' Service Office



To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment