- The bus driver in question was immediately removed from the bus
- A thorough and complete investigation was conducted
- Representatives from the Georgia Department of Education’s Pupil Transportation Division were informed as well as a local officer with the Georgia Department of Public Safety
- Disciplinary action has been taken
- The driver has undergone retraining concerning the safety at railroad crossings and will have on-going training for the foreseeable future.
- A supervisor with the school system will observe his driving as needed
- The bus driver has now been allowed to return to the bus
"While we are always concerned about the safe operation of our buses, we do feel confident in the ability of this driver to return to the bus. He is a veteran driver with over 12 years of experience in our school system. We do encourage members of our community and parents to contact us with concerns about pupil transportation."
© 2017 WTLV-TV