Cat dies in Northside house fire, owner unharmed

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- One cat was killed in a house fire Monday on the Northside.

According to Jacksonville Fire and Rescue, a woman inside smoking a cigarette next to her oxygen device was the cause blaze.

Officials said the female homeowner was smoking in her bedroom and placed her nasal oxygen device too close to the ashtray. The device caught fire and the fire spread to the bed. Luckily, the oxygen did not explode.

The woman was able to escape. Though one cat died, two cats did escape without injury, and so did the woman.

There was no major damage to the outside of the home.

Earlier Monday, JFRD responded to a house fire off in the Springfield area on North Main Street.


To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment