After a water main break took out water to several areas in south Duval County and north St. Johns County, a boil water advisory has been issued for a large swath of that area, including homes schools and businesses, beginning on Tuesday and continuing until the problem is corrected.
The areas affected are:
- Nocatee, including residents, businesses and schools
- Bartram Springs Community, south of 14538 Cherry Lake Drive W and 14499 Cherry Lake Drive E
- Bartram Springs Elementary School
- The Reserve at Bartram Springs
- Cypress Trace Community
- Businesses at the Promenade Plaza, Everest Lane
- Racetrack Road, east of Bartram Park Boulevard to Philips Highway
The precautionary advisory asks residents to bring their water used for drinking and food preparation to a rolling boil for at least two minutes before consumption.
Also, officials ask that customers flush water lines for three minutes after water returns in order to remove any air and possible sediments from the lines.
The order will remain in effect until the problem has been corrected and two consecutive days of satisfactory bacteriological results have been obtained, says a release from JEA.
JEA customer service can be reached at 904-665-6000.