JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- We're almost there! But not quite. Still, though, the announcement Monday is terrific news for The Apple Project, our effort to rally the community to build a free dental clinic for the First Coast.
Our goal has been to raise $100,000 because the Weaver Foundation is promising to match donations up to $100,000.
Today we're announcing the community has stepped up to raise $92,500!
So a big thanks to school groups, medical offices, families, and other caring folks who've been working hard to fund raise.
Now we need just $7,500 to get the Weaver match.
We also have construction needs to keep our goal of breaking ground the first part of 2014.
Matthew Garman, project manager from Haskell, says so far companies have stepped forward to donate a significant amount in labor and supplies.
For example, MC2 Milwork and Carpentry has donated doors installations worth $8,000.
Jacks Weather Shield is giving $2,500 for gutters.
Giglio Signs is offering $10,000 in labor and signage.
But we still need more help from the building industry to make our goal of breaking ground in early 2014.
We still need:
IN-KIND SERVICES STILL NEEDED
- Surveying / Layout, L
- Temporary facilities, M (doublewide to operate clinic, single wide for construction office and storage container)
- Temporary toilets, M
- Temporary fencing, L & M
- Waste disposal, M (yard waste, demolished buildings and trash)
- Asbestos abatement, L
- Fencing, L & M (privacy and chain link)
- Landscaping, L & M
- Concrete, M
- Building supplies, M
- Carpentry, L & M (wood framing)
- Millwork, L & M
- Roofing, M
- Doors & hardware, M
- Glass & glazing, L & M (exterior commercial doors and windows)
- Drywall, M
- Acoustical ceiling, M
- Paint, M
- Vinyl composite tile, L & M
- Ceramic tile, L & M
- Appliances, M
- Furnishings, M
- Window blinds, L & M
- HVAC, M (heating and air conditioning units)
If you can help, please email Jeannie Blaylock at email@example.com.