SEMINOLE COUNTY, Fla. —The 12-year-old boy allegedly behind a shooting hoax at Lake Mary High School will be back in court on Monday.
The middle school student was released to his mother last month after waiving his appearance in juvenile court. He faces four misdemeanor charges, including misuse of 911 and disruption of an educational institution, for allegedly calling 911 on Feb. 21.
The fake call prompted a lockdown and evacuation of the school.
The Seminole County Sheriff's Office said the boy used a fake name to report the alleged shooting.
Dispatcher: What do you see right now?
Boy: There's a lot of blood all over the place (inaudible), so it's not safe.
Dispatcher: Where are you?
Boy: I'm in the bathroom so I could call you guys. No one knows what to do.
Authorities said the child's family may have to pay back law enforcement for the wasted time and resources.