JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Two more teens who attended Oceanway Middle are being told they must find another school while Circuit Judge Henry Davis schedules another hearing on his action.
Davis ruled on a mother's request to keep three teenage girls charged in attacking her daughter from attending the school.
Melissa Thomas, the injured teen's mother, was in court for the hearing when the preliminary injunction was entered for one week.
Last month, Aria Jewett was found by police off campus before school started and suffered head injuries when she was slammed against a concrete wall.
Last week, the same judge ruled that the teen who allegedly delivered the blows could not attend any public school in Duval County.
That teenager is charged with aggravated battery the other teens as being accomplices.
The criminal actions against the teens are in the early stages.
"I have to be strong and positive," said Thomas after the hearing.
Jacksonville Area Legal Aid attorney James Kowalski is representing one of the teens and requested a hearing on the judge's ruling. That hearing is scheduled for April 23.
"What's happening, these children are being barred from their constitutional right to this education," said Kowalski.
John Phillips, who represents the victim's family, said all they want is for Aria Jewett to have a safe experience at school.
"We want her to be able to go to school in peace without fear," said Phillips following the hearing.
First Coast News