LIVE VIDEO: WTLV Live Video_1    Watch
 
LIVE VIDEO: First Coast Living    Watch
 

No felony charges for juvenile suspects in March attack

12:15 PM, Jul 1, 2013   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - The three juveniles involved in an off campus attack of an Oceanway Middle schooler are being prosecuted in Juvenile Court.

According to a State Attorney press release the charging decision was made after reviewing all of the facts in the case.

Additionally, after review, the medical records did not show sufficient injuries for the filing of felony charges in this case. The release said the injuries did not cause a skull fracture, which was previously reported.

The primary suspect, a 14-year-old, is charged with misdemeanor battery for allegedly hitting the victim multiple times.

The decision was made to file a misdemeanor charge of principal in the first degree on two of the suspects, ages 14 and 15. One teenager is accused of luring the victim to the fight and the other is accused of videotaping the attack.

A statement made by the victim's Attorney John Phillips said, "The family and I are a little disappointed with the lowering of the charges in this case, especially since the victim still has signs of traumatic brain injury."

First Coast News

Most Watched Videos