JACKSONVILLE BEACH, Fla. -- A man who was bitten by a shark in the 1100 block of 1st Street South on Thursday was released from the hospital today.
Chad Renfro, 22, received 85 stitches as a result of his injuries.
"I had just caught a wave and was paddling back out when I felt something chomp down on my foot and that's when I knew it was a shark," Renfro said. "So I immediately turned and started paddling towards the shore as fast as I could."
There was no trauma alert issued for Renfro's injuries and he went to Beaches Baptist Hospital, according to Tom Francis with the Jacksonville Fire and Rescue Department.
First Coast News