1 Deli rotisserie chicken (lemon pepper or other)
10 saltine crackers, coarsely crushed
3 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, finely chopped
1 (8-oz) can reduced-fat crescent dough
8 oz Deli NY-style potato salad
1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
1/2 cup frozen green peas
1 large egg, beaten (or 1/4 cup egg substitute)
1 cup condensed fat-free reduced-sodium cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup half-and-half (or milk)
? Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat baking sheet with spray.
? Remove chicken (breast only) from bones; shred chicken (about 2 cups).
? Crush saltines; chop parsley.
1. Unroll dough and separate dough into 4 long rectangles (press diagonal perforations to seal).
2. Combine chicken, potato salad, cheese, and peas; divide mixture onto one-half of each rectangle of dough. Fold other half of dough over top of chicken; pinch seams closed on all sides and place on baking sheet
3. Brush egg over top of dough, then coat with saltine crumbs. Bake 20-22 minutes or center is hot and tops are golden.
4. Combine soup and half-and-half in small saucepan on low; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until hot. Stir in parsley. Spoon sauce onto four serving plates; place chicken pillow on top of sauce. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 650kcal; FAT 38g; CHOL 125mg; SODIUM 1170mg; CARB 49g; FIBER 2g; PROTEIN 32g; VIT A 20%; VIT C 15%; CALC 15%; IRON 20%
Fruit Dip and Cinnamon Pita Chips
1 cup frozen vanilla whipped frosting
1 cup fresh strawberries, quartered
1/2 teaspoon sugar-free strawberry/banana gelatin
2 cups Deli cinnamon sugar pita chips
? Place frosting in medium bowl to soften.
? Cut strawberries into quarters.
1. Stir gelatin mix into frosting until blended.
2. Transfer to 4 small serving bowls; top each with strawberries. Serve with pita chips.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 280kcal; FAT 12g; CHOL 0mg; SODIUM 210mg; CARB 40g; FIBER 3g; PROTEIN 3g; VIT A 0%; VIT C 40%; CALC
First Coast News