Tuesdsay, November 20, Thanksgiving Taste Test recipe for leek and potato soup with shrimp.
This recipe will serve 6.
- 6 leeks trimmed, cleaned and sliced
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 6 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 cups beef broth
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups milk
- dash of nutmeg
- 1 pound medium shrimp peeled, deveined and steamed until pink
- Simmer potatoes in 3 cups beef broth until tender.
- In a heavy-bottomed pan, saute leeks in butter.
- Gradually add flour to make a roux.
- Gradually add cream and milk and stir until thickened.
- Fold in potatoes and broth and stir over medium heat until thickened.
- Add shrimp.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg.
Serve warm or chilled in 4-ounce bowls.
Serving suggestion is to serve the soup with hot popovers.
Recipe submitted by: Jenifer L. Muensterman
First Coast News