JACKSONVILLE, Fla.- The On Your Side team was able to get answers and help provide some assistance to you. Here are a couple ways we were able to help.
1) Linda said her elderly neighbor is living with cancer and said the city has rendered his home condemned and he has nowhere to go. Linda asked the OYS team what help is available. Here is just a portion of what help can be had.
- Call the United Way of Northeast Florida's 211
- Call the City of Jacksonville's Emergency Assistance Program Appointment Line at 904-630-2469
- Call the Florida Department of Elder Affairs' Elder help line at 888-242-4464
- Here is a complete list of names and numbers for every Florida county
- Call the US Department of Housing and Urban Development's Home Ownership Assistance Program Duval County/Jacksonville Jacksonville Housing Commission at 904-588-0172.
Also, try contacting the the US Department of Housing and Urban Development in Washington, DC at 451 7th Street S.W., Washington, DC 20410 or call them at 202-708-1112.
2) Gloria said she is very upset about her rates with Clay Electric Cooperative going up. FCN did a story about this in September 2013 explaining why the company is raising rates.
- You can read the company's full explanation here
- If you feel like you are having an issue, click here for a complete list of names, numbers and addresses for Clay Electric
- You can also contact and file a complaint with the Florida Public Service Commission