- Prepare chicken through step 2 (15 minutes)
- Prepare polenta, complete chicken; serve (20 minutes)
MAKES 4 SERVINGS
Italian Chicken Rollantini
4 oz Deli fresh mozzarella cheese (ball
4 thin slices Deli prosciutto (2 1/3 oz)
4 chicken cutlets (about 1lb)
4 teaspoons garlic Parmesan sandwich spread
4 whole fresh basil leaves + 1/4 cup basil, coarsely chopped
8 sun-dried tomato halves
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 (24-oz) jar specialty marinara (or pasta) sauce
1. Cut cheese ball in half, then cut one-half evenly into four thick slices (reserve other half of cheese ball for another use.) Place 4 slices of prosciutto on work surface; top each with chicken. Spread 1 teaspoon garlic spread on each cutlet; top with 1 basil leaf, 2 tomato halves, and 1 cheese slice. Roll chicken tightly around filling (sealing completely.) Use a toothpick to secure the seam (to help prevent cheese from leaking out.) Wash hands.
2. Preheat large nonstick saute pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Place oil in pan, then add chicken with the seam side down; cook 2-4 minutes, turning occasionally, or until browned on all sides.
3. Reduce heat to low. Pour pasta sauce over chicken and cover, simmer 10-12 minutes, turning chicken occasionally, or until chicken is 165 degrees Farenheit. Chop 1/4 cup basil; stir into sauce. Slice chicken and serve.
Caesar Olive Polenta
4 cups unsalted chicken broth (or water)
1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, coarsely chopped
1/3 cup pitted kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
1 cup cornmeal
1/3 cup light Caesar dressing
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. Bring broth to a boil in medium saucepan over medium-heat heat. Chop olives and basil.
2. Whisk cornmeal gradually into broth. Reduce heat to low; simmer and stir 5-6 minutes or until all the water has been absorbed and the mixture is smooth.
3. Remove pan from heat; stir in remaining ingredients. Serve.