OMAHA, NE - JUNE 25: Ryan Lochte competes in preliminary heat 12 of the Men's 400 m Individual Medley during the 2012 U.S. Olympic Swimming Team Trials at CenturyLink Center on June 25, 2012 in Omaha, Nebraska. (Photo by Al Bello/Getty Images)
LONDON (AP) - Here's what to watch for at the London Olympics on Saturday:
1. FIRST GOLD: Seven golds are up for grabs. China's Yi Siling took the first in the women's 10-meter air rifle.
2. ALL TO DO: Michael Phelps barely, barely qualified for the final of the 400-meter individual medley. He's in the unpopular Lane 8. Can he recover?
3. US WOMEN: They play Colombia at soccer and Croatia in basketball.
4. CYCLING: Britain is hoping for an early gold in the men's cycling road race, with Mark Cavendish the man to beat. Also on the team: Bradley Wiggins, who's just won the Tour de France.
5. BIKINIS: Fear not, fans of the beach volleyball bikini. Talk of cold weather stoked fears that the women would go for shorts and T-shirts. That's not happening.
(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)