If your property was damaged during Hurricane Irma and you have yet to register for individual assistance through FEMA, the time is now.
The final day to register for FEMA disaster recovery assistance is Friday, Nov. 24.
More than 2.6 million Floridians have registered for individual disaster assistance. However, FEMA said it's likely there are more people who were impacted by Hurricane Irma that have not come forward.
To further help those in need, a disaster recovery center located at 1300 Duval Street in St. Augustine will be open on Friday from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. The disaster recovery center located in Jacksonville at FSCJ Kent Campus is now closed.
FEMA individual assistance includes money for the following:
- Uninsured home repairs
- Essential personal property replacement
- Rental assistance for people forced out of damaged homes
- Other serious unmet needs
As of Nov. 21, more than $900 million in individual assistance has been awarded to Floridians who were negatively impacted by Hurricane Irma, according to FEMA. More than $39 million of that money has gone to residents living in Duval County.
The Friday deadline extends to those who are looking to submit an application for a Small Business Administration (SBA) low-interest disaster loan. Survivors of Hurricane Irma have until midnight to register for FEMA assistance or apply for the SBA loan.
How to register with FEMA:
- Online at DisasterAssistance.gov.
- Call the FEMA Helpline at 800-621-3362 for voice, 711 and Video Relay Service (VRS). If you are deaf, hard of hearing, or have a speech disability and use a TTY, call 800-462-7585. Help is available in many languages. Helpline numbers are open from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. EST, seven days a week.
- Information is available in ASL at: fema.gov/medialibrary/assets/videos/111546.
- Download the FEMA Mobile App and apply.
- Visit a Disaster Recovery Center. A list of DRCs is available on the FEMA Mobile App, online at fema.gov/disaster-recovery-centers or call the FEMA Helpline.
How to apply for SBA loan:
- Call SBA’s Disaster Assistance Customer Service Center at 800-659-2955. Individuals who are deaf and hard-of-hearing call 800-877-8339.
- Email email@example.com.
- Go to SBA’s website at SBA.gov/disaster.
- Visit a DRC or a Business Recovery Center