While you're admiring your beautiful Christmas tree in your living room, did you know that there could be more than 25,000 bugs living on the branches!? Yikes. Luckily, SaferBrand has come up with some handy tips to keep you and your house bug-free this holiday season!
1. Examine the underside of the branches and look for egg casings.
2. Bark beetles, sawflies, preying mantises are found on most pine trees.
3. Spiders and mites usually hang out on Douglas-fir trees.
4. Spray tree with neem oil to kill any bugs lodged on.
5. leave the Christmas tree in your garage for a few days before bringing it inside!
6. Grab a cloth & shake down your tree once inside the home just to double check!
7. Don't squash any bugs as they could stain the tree.