JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- If you didn't know, today is run on a treadmill day.
To celebrate, Jacksonville mayor Lenny Curry has issued a challenge to the city of Tampa and in honor of that -- we're challenging our sister station WTSP.
This friendly competition inspires community members to become more physically active and adopt healthier lifestyles. Participation in this year's event will also support Safety Around Water, the Y's drowning prevention program for at-risk children on the First Coast. Learn more about the Y's Safety Around Water program here.
This is a FREE community event that's open to all! KidZone is available for non-members while they participate in Treadmill Tuesday.
How to Participate at the Y
• Visit your neighborhood YMCA on March 21 between 6:30am-6:30pm (non-members need to bring a photo ID)
• Run/Walk/Jog on the treadmill for 30 minutes
• Record your distance with a representative on the wellness floor
• Distances will be totaled by branch and then combined for each association
How to Participate on Social Media
• Follow @FirstCoastYMCA on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram
• Run/Walk/Jog on the treadmill at any other location for 30 minutes
• Post or tweet a photo of your dashboard summary after your workout using #TreadmillTuesday
• To add your distance to the First Coast YMCA total, tag @FirstCoastYMCA