As wintry weather hits the First Coast, state and county officials are making decisions regarding the closure of roads in our area.
Below is a running list of closures in our area:
- Officials said bridges in Pearce County have been or are being closed.
- The St. Simons Island Causeway has been closed due to an accident and ice on the bridges. The Georgia Department of Transportation is sending a crew to put down salt on the bridge to melt the ice.
- Officials are monitoring the Sidney Lanier Bridge in Brunswick. Ice on the road is hindering traffic, according to the Brunswick Police Department.
- Ware County Dispatch reports all bridges, overpasses on Highway 84 from Waycross to Blackshear are being closed.
- All of Interstate 10 is shut down between mile markers 203-258.
We will continue to update this page as more closures are announced.